Monday, January 30, 2012

L'Anse Creuse High School North - Senior Photographer

Is it Winter Yet?

You know during the spring and summer senior seasons, I often have to work around Mother Nature. Sometimes it will rain so hard that we can't do an outdoor session or the heat and humidity are too high to go on location (I mean who likes humidity frizz, am I right?). I never thought that She would best me even in the winter months. Here in Michigan, there has always been one thing you can be sure of... yes, that dreaded white stuff, the awful four letter word that starts with "s".. S.N.O.W. Except for this year. Of course I have a few clients who specifically waited to schedule their location sessions so that we could include some snow images. Here we are, the end of January and hardly a flake to be found! We've had a few days where the snow has been here, for all of an hour then melted away. We actually have a dusting on the ground out there today but it's going to melt before my schedule is free. Sigh... Mother Nature, you win again.

Well, to get me in the winter mood at least, I've been taking a look some images of Rob from his studio session. Rob is a Class of 2012 Senior Model for our studio. I photographed his brother (Class of 2011) and just love their family. Super nice guys, terrific parents and just a joy to work with all the way around. Rob came into the studio back in the fall and he is one of those "winter" clients. Can't wait to get out to the rink and finish up his session. In the meantime, here's a few of his studio hockey images.





8 comments:

  1. these are PERFECT - is this a studio setup or on location? fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see your senior work I wish you lived closer. I think I may have to fly you down when my boys are at this stage in their lives so you can photograph their senior portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doyea Photographer ~ North Dakota Senior PhotographerFebruary 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM

    Love them. Great Hockey images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first one! The lighting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I've said it before but I have to say it again, your Senior Portrait photography is just amazing. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Zach and Rebecca

Geraldine and Jason

Stephannie and Adam